Friday, November 7, 2008

I know it's been a few months, but I haven't forgotten my blog! It was Jared's 8th birthday on the 25th. For his party, we went on the "Haunted Heber Creeper," a train ride through Provo Canyon at night, with goblins and witches. He loved it and those kids got scared! He asked for Lego stuff for his birthday and got all kinds of sets and Lego Batman video game. He even wanted a lego cake! Jared is very creative so he was able to help me figure out how to make it.

The kids had a fun Halloween. We decided a month ago we would all be Lego people for Halloween. Brion and I dressed up as Lego Hans Solo and Lego Slave Leah for Jeremy and Cristianne's annual Halloween party. Jared was Lego Indiana Jones for the cousins party (I didn't get Bryce's costume done in time, so he didn't dress up). The costumes were pretty tough to wear, so Jared changed his costume to regular Indiana Jones. Bryce went with his friends as the three amigos.

Lauri, Chad, and the kids came to Utah over Halloween weekend, so the kids got to trick or treat and carve pumpkins with Michael, Derek, Riley, and Cody. Derek cut his finger open while carving pumpkins and got 5 stitches. It didn't seem to bother him, though!

On Nov 1, Jared got baptized. We enjoyed having all the family there. Brion's mom and stepdad came from California. I can't believe how grown up he is!

I'm sure it will be an exciting few months ahead with the holidays coming.

2 comments:

McPeak Mama said...

Yea! You posted again! I love your costumes and how you posed your hands was funny. Miss you guys! Give Brion a big hug for me.

Bret Bushman Family said...

Your halloween costume rocks, that is so clever, I love it. sounds like you've been busy and having fun. we need to do something it's been awhile.

Trick or Treating

Trick or Treating
Riley, Michael, Bryce, Derek, Jared, Cody

Cousin Halloween Party

Cousin Halloween Party

Bryce wakeboarding

Bryce wakeboarding
Bryce learned to wakeboard this summer

Kids on the tube

Kids on the tube
Jared, Bryce, Derek, and Riley

Lambert Park

Lambert Park
Bryce, Grandpa, and Jared at Lambert

Zions National Park

Zions National Park

Christmas Fondue

Christmas Fondue
Yummy!

Grandpa, Brion, and Jared rocking out to Rock Band

Grandpa, Brion, and Jared rocking out to Rock Band
It must have been a hard song--they're really concentrating!

Caribbean Cruise

Caribbean Cruise

The top of Mt. Timpanogos

The top of Mt. Timpanogos

Grandpa and Bryce at the top of Timp

Grandpa and Bryce at the top of Timp

Brion and Jared

Brion and Jared

sitting bulls

sitting bulls